Select Cartridges Elite LA Confidential
- The taste, quality, and packaging are top notch and the effects are exactly as listed. Thinking about picking one up for yourself? Here’s what you need to know: What’s in and on the box?
- 0.5 gram extracted cannabis oil in a pre-filled vape cartridge with a cotton wick
- Lab testing information from SC Labs: 84.87% THC and <0.01% CBD
- Sticker label for cartridge
- Directions clearly printed on the package, (Each 6-second draw is one serving and contains 2.82mg THC), along with a strain name, estimated time for activation (15 minutes), flavor profile (earthy and sweet), and anticipated effects (relaxed and happy)
- Vaporizing is one of the healthiest ways to medicate and we are absolutely wild about these
- First Impressions: I love everything about the packaging for this cartridge. This packaging should become an industry standard–and ultimately will when the Prop 64 regulations take effect in 2018. One thing I almost missed (but didn’t, thanks to Select Oil’s Instagram) is that each package comes with a sticker label for the cartridge, so if you have more than one–and trust us, you’re going to want more than one–you can tell them apart! This kind of attention to detail is a welcome relief for folks who are used to playing roulette with their unlabeled cartridges. As directed, I took three quick puffs to prime the cartridge, then a six second draw. The flavor is distinctly sweet and piney, with some earthiness on the finish, just as the package claims.
Effects: LA Confidential is one of my favorite strains, so I was extra excited to try this. I was expecting it to be more sleepy, but I found myself clear but deeply relaxed with significantly less stress than when I started. The happy feelings settled in after about fifteen minutes. The pine flavor suggests the presence of pinene, a terpene that makes plants smell like pine and helps with alertness and focus. I took three 6-second puffs and felt fantastic. The effects lasted about 45 minutes, which is longer than usual for me because I have a high tolerance. I suspect those with a lower tolerance than mine may find the effects linger even longer.
Overall: I am thoroughly impressed with Select Oil. The taste and effects are exactly as promised, the oil is lab tested with the results printed on the box, and the packaging is thoughtful and pragmatic. The label sticker was an inspired touch. I was told by reps from the company that these cartridges pair best with direct inhale batteries, rather than push-button batteries, because too high a temp will burn the oil.